Well put, Richard. FRANC

-----Original Message-----
From: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] On Behalf Of
Richard Halegua Posters + Comic Art
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 2:56 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Another fleabay Moron

Franc

people don't realize that the USPS is an integral part of our nations
history and that it was created as a vehicle to promote economic
benefit. For more than 150 years, Postmaster General was a Cabinet level
position (eliminated in the 1970s)
The original purpose of the USPS was to provide a way for newspapers,
magazines and advertising to reach consumers, which in turn created an
economic engine. This is still the purpose of the USPS. 70% of all
revenues come from bulk and commercial mailings (yeah that junkmail).
However, if we eliminate the USPS, the cost of shipping packages are
much higher with UPS and Fed-X and I have no doubt that it would kill my
business and other mail-order sales.

we need it and anyone who says otherwise is simply uninformed