[Marsha]
I was wondering about your experienced memory of past movies.  Do you
just remember liking, or not liking, or is therea memory and a subtle
re-experiencing the associated emotional response?   Maybe being an
aspect of a pattern?   Or an associated and overlapping biological patterns?

What do you think?

[Krimel]
I seem to retain some memory of what the story line was in general but often
can not recall how a movie ended. I usually can remember who was in it and
often the directors. I suspect this is because I have a well used and
structured pattern of associations with movies. I can also usually recall
where I saw it and who I was with. My style of memory is not very visual.

Marsha
What about actors?  They seem to be able to think themselves into all sorts
of emotions.  That wouldn't be pre-intellectual, or pre-thought.

[Krimel]
Actors can seek to recall emotional experiences that evoke particular
emotions but I don't think that is anything like consciously controlling
emotions. They can also get away with mimicking the muscular responses that
accompany emotions which is not the same thing at all as consciously
controlling the emotions. Some emotions are also impossible to mimic. For
example a simple smile can not be consciously faked. In a real smile the
muscles around the eyes are control by being routed through certain
emotional pathways. In a fake smile these are bypassed.