From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of ncteach
Sent: Fri 8/15/2008 4:26 PM
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group
Subject: [MOSAIC] monitoring comprehension

Hi Everyone!

I plan on spending the first couple of weeks with my sixth graders exploring
monitoring comprehension. (I will need to do this with fiction due to my
pacing guide.)  Does anyone have a terrific first day lesson plan that would
work with 6th graders to introduce the topic?

I would love to use a picture book and model the inner thinking.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm so stressed out right now, I can't think
myself.  :)

Kim