--

---- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Usually my posts are not so self-absorbed... but I think when we work for
> the good of the kid.... real district problems are sometimes overlooked ....
> being in a contained classroom teachers just go with it and make it work....
> I'm
>  with the McGovern post who noted that not every program works for every
> kid....  and the more we can offer to a child the better for us all..... but
> one
> person  trying to offer it all... with less... is not the answer.

Hello again,

I am the teacher who wrote and asked about how current interventions are going
in your schools as we (in a Michigan district) are putting our district "Model"
for intervention together.

I did have some specific questions, but because of these last two posts (that
were not in response to my query, but hold great interest)  maybe I should ask:

   What should the interventions  look like in the "perfect" world so that both
teachers and students can be supported.

Right now I am doing a classroom push-in during a 1st grade Reading Workshop, 2
- 2nd grade small group pull-outs, and a one-on-one (most struggling 1st
grader).  I do the "Interventionist" part of my job for half a day.  My school
is a K-3 building and right now all Special Education is resource room pull-out.

I really do want to serve everyone to the best of my ability.

Susan