Noone can read my son's handwriting either, but he is a pediatrician, where
it's smiled at.  Lucky for him, I guess.

From: Renee <phoenix...@sbcglobal.net>

Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 11:55:06
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email
Group<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] ***SPAM*** Re: Do we really need to teach explicit
        strategies?

And I also have an adult son, 32, a professional musician with a very
high IQ, whose spelling and handwriting are just about the most
atrocious I have ever seen. Spelling is sooooo unimportant in the grand
scheme of things.

Renee

On Jun 14, 2009, at 10:41 AM, Jan Sanders wrote:

> Wow Lori, I want to respond, but don't know what to say.  It truly is
> our
> personal experiences that lead us to understanding -in reading and
> life.
>
> My oldest son (29) who has a very high IQ, can not spell correctly to
> save
> his life, and it is difficult to read his writing.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that
matter."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.