We used these also, but there is still discrepancy when teachers use the
different assessments.

Carol

----- Original Message -----
From: "sheila eisen" <imitsallg...@yahoo.com>
To: "Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group"
<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 10:46:37 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: [MOSAIC] IRA conversion chart with wpm & writing, Running
Record/Reading Level

Hi,

The economy may be one of the reasons why different grade levels have different
assessments, but you can get a correlation chart to match the different series.

The International Reading Association has a good one that compares grade
levels, Fountas & Pinell, Lexile, Reading Recovery, DRA, Rigby, etc. and has
fluency wpm rates, spelling stages, and 6 Traits writing stages all on one
chart.

I found it by googling "International Reading Association reading level
conversion"

Sheila Eisen, NBCT - LIT 2006