From: Waingort Jimenez, Elisa <elwaingor...@cbe.ab.ca>
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group
<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Sent: Fri, Jul 24, 2009 8:01 am
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Maybe we should begin a whole language umbrella again

Yes, Sally.  I agree with you.  And, this speaks to the incredible
(destructive/divisive) power of this particular frame: whole language vs.
phonics.  By speaking truth to power (through testimonies, for example) we have
a chance of changing this.
Elisa

Elisa Waingort
Grade 2 Spanish Bilingual
Dalhousie Elementary
Calgary, Canada

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt within the heart.
—Helen Keller

Visit my blog, A Teacher's Ruminations, and post a message.
http://waingortgrade2spanishbilingual.blogspot.com/
 Some lately
work" I do through the years.... A valuable part of growth in literacy.  The
phonics I hate oversimp
lifies and is taken out of context and occurs in one
size fits all and on and on.  We may all be talking right past each other at
least some of the time.

Sally