I got rid of mine and I'm so glad.  I still have my own space, but it kind
of doubles as student space. I wish I could just show you a picture b/c
that'd be much easier.  What I did is I have a horse shoe table where I sit
for guided reading. That's kind of my desk now. Behind the horeshoe table
(it's kind of in a corner), I have all my "stuff"-- shelves with my teaching
books, manuals, guided reading sets, etc. I also have one of those desk
organizers from the apprentice--don't even know what it's called anymore--
that I put on top of the shelves to store my binders, pens, important files,
etc.