I have a VERY small classroom with a relatively extensive library and a large,
old oak "teacher" desk that gets piled with everything and is never used as the
work space I envision it to be at the start of the year.  Each year I consider
changing it out for a table but then I think that the table will get covered
with the same pile of unfiled papers, etc. so what would I accomplish.  I do
let my students sit at "my" desk which they initially get a kick out of.

For those of you who changed out to a table (and I am not a kidney-shape table
person either.  I meet for reading sitting on the floor.) how/why was the table
an improvement over the desk?

Leslie Grade 3 Teacher
lstew...@branford.k12.ct.us
203-481-5386, 203-483-0749 FAX

To feel most beautifully alive means to be reading something beautiful,  ready
always to apprehend in the flow of language the sudden flash of poetry.  ~
Gaston Bachelard ~