This is my "go-to" website when I'm looking for short non-fiction readers.
It's a great resource that has the grade levels indicated.
http://teacher.depaul.edu/Nonfiction_Readings.htm Hope it helps.

Also, I just started reading a book called "Comprehension Connections,
Bridges to Strategic Reading" by Tanny McGregor.  It's perfect for making
abstract reading concepts more concrete.  For example, I just made a
"Reading Salad" with my 3rd graders.  Every time I read from the text, the
students placed a red piece of paper into the salad bowl.  When I used my
background knowledge, they placed a green piece of paper into the bowl.
There were many Ah-hah moments with my students. They noticed that there was
much more thinking happening than there was text. (It sounds better when you
read the book.)  She walks the reader through the lessons as she does them
with her students, so it's like observing someone present the lesson before
doing it with your class.  It's a short, useful, and easy read.