And it's such a loss to lose you from the classrooms and teachers you
worked with.  Five years ago I would have been heartbroken to know you
changed positions.  Today, I'm thrilled.  Why?  Because when you take all
teaching decision-making away from the teachers and put it into the hands
of administrators, we have got to provide our very best teachers to the
administrative field or we'll get what we ask for, just by default.
 So...thank you.

Oh, I'd love to work in your schools.  I've always wondered if I got
misplaced and should have been born on the east coast.  Actually my
grandfather came to Nebraska on the train from New York during the
depression with 2 sets of clothes and a trunk full of books to teach in a
1-room school with 43 students.df And I'm not so sure but his 43 were
easier to teach than what we face today.