Hi -

I'm trying to replicate an experiment done with an older version of
Moses, against the latest version.  Everything goes identically up to
tuning, where the newer version starts with a lower BLEU and runs
only 8 as opposed to 19 iterations of MERT, resulting in a lower
evaluation score.

Looking more closely at the data files, the phrase tables seem to be
slightly different.  All of the difference have to do with the third
and fourth columns of the phrase tables, as in this example:

< " ||| " . ||| (0,1) ||| (0) (0) ||| 0.000201491 0.0130605
0.00038117 0.000751688 2.718
---
 > " ||| " . ||| (0) ||| (0) () ||| 0.000201491 0.0130605 0.00038117
0.000751688 2.718

For most of the differences, the older phrase table has more indices,
but there are some where the reverse is true.  The weights are not
different.

statmt.org seems to be down at the moment, so I'm not sure what those
columns represent.  These seem to be the =only= differences between
the two versions, in the main (huge) phrase table as well as all the
filtered versions.  Of course, the MERT code, etc., is presumably
different, but I thought I'd ask about this anyway.  Does it mean
anything?

Thanks!

- John D. Burger
   MITRE