you want to also check that ngrams are not getting pruned by probability (in
addition to counts)

this whole business is a bit on the murky side and the only reason i know
about it was when i was writing a disk-based version of ngram-count a year
or so back

Miles

2008/8/5 John D. Burger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Miles Osborne wrote:
>
> > by default the srilm prunes singletons
>
> OK, that's good to know.  But when I prune the IRST LM, I still get
> lots =more= 4-grams than the SRI LM, but lots =fewer= 5-grams
> (although less than a factor of two in either case).
>
> But perhaps I'm a bit in the weeds here ... :)
>
> - John Burger
>   MITRE

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
with registration number SC005336.