While numbers of migrant warbler have been poor in the county, shorebirding in
the New Germany area has been pretty good over the past week.  I have only been
able to manage 12 warbler species since May 17 with the best being 2 male
Mourning Warbler at Rapids Lake on Saturday and a female Canada Warbler this
morning at Carver Park. The first Willow Flycatcher showed up at Rapids Lake on
Sunday, and both Alder and Willow Flycatchers were at Carver Park this morning.
  On Sunday I found a different location within the Rapids Lake MVNWR with a
Henslow's Sparrow, and today there were 3 Henslow's Sparrow at 2 different
locations within Carver Park.   On May 18 there was a late Snow Goose with a
flock of Canada Geese in the New Germany area.   Also, on May 18 I finally
found a Red-headed Woodpecker in the county after years of birding in the
county.  He was also in the New Germany area.   The only migrant thrush that I
found over the last week was a single Gray-cheeked Thrush at Carver Park today.

Shorebirds

Thursday May 17

Semipalmated Plover 2

Killdeer 2