With the 5-7 inches of rain all of Carver County has seen over the past week
many farm fields are flooded, and it looks more like it did just after the
snowmelt during the spring of 2011.   There are ample places for shorebirds to
stop(probably too many with several too far from any roads to view).  Over the
last week I have had decent luck, but by no means have shorebirds been
numerous.  The best sighting of the week was a 2-3 month old Red Fox kit.   He
was standing on the side of a road, so I slowed to a stop.   He looked at me
and preceded to walk out in front of my car and sat down right in front of the
car.   About a minute later I thought I heard some distant yips(his mom?), and
the fox kit slowly trotted off in the direction of the yips.

Highlights

May 25

American Bittern 1
Black-bellied Plover 1
Spotted Sandpiper 2
Solitary Sandpiper 2
Lesser Yellowlegs 1
Least Sandpiper 4

May 26

Semipalmated Plover 1
Spotted Sandpiper 1
Franklin's Gull ~100

May 27 (all shorebirds seen in the morning, an evening pass of the same fields
turned up only Killdeer)

Greater Yellowlegs 2
Lesser Yellowlegs 8
Flock of ~70 Semipalmated and Least Sandpiper+additional 4 Least in separate
field
White-rumped Sandpiper 1
Pectoral Sandpiper 15
Franklin's Gull ~75