Christian Biesinger wrote:
Boris Zbarsky wrote:

Well... that suggestion gives you interface documentation, indeed. It does NOT give you documentation of contracts, like: 1. who implements this interface, 2. what other interfaces does this implement (that you can rely on), 3. how you should get a component implementing this interface (for example, nsIURI and nsIMIMEInfo should not be created by contractid).

True. We need contractid documentation in general. #3 could be documented in the IDL itself, though, imo. But yes, we need a way tolink from the interface documentation to the contractid docs... preferably semi-automatically. Perhaps some sort of file that contains such relationships (either in the sourcetree or on the site).

-Boris