Gervase Markham wrote:

> > All that open source motherhood and apple pie aside, it's vitally
> > important that we have an editor-in-chief who will set prose and web
> > content style rules, rally writers and other editors to urgent tasks,
> > police the prototype site for bugs, and lead in driving the buglist to
> > zarro.  Volunteers?
>
> Fantasai's been the voice crying in the wilderness on these issues for
> years. I nominate her :-)

Eek. Two nominations already! I can review, I can edit, I can do QA.
I'm quite willing to help out with those. But...

> When jwz was editor-in-chief and initial creator of www.mozilla.org in
> 1998, things didn't suck.  People with less attention to detail then let
> the hierarchy erode, checked in files named by StudlyCaps instead of
> hyphenated-words, and otherwise made incoherent changes (incoherent in
> large and small ways).  Too many cooks.

That, I think I can handle. Document organization and style rules, yes.

> So again: I'm looking for volunteers to be editor-in-chief.  I expect
> DevMo's editor-in-chief to rule with an iron fist, in a velvet glove.

I don't know about the "ruling with an iron fist" part.

I can make a manuscript bleed red ink, in good English-teacher/
code-reviewer fasion, but the ruling part seems to involve telling
people what to do and when. And in my experience, I'm really very
bad with schedules. So if someone wants to guide the management bit
and align my pen with the right velocity vector, I'll can take a
copyeditor-in-chief slot or whatever. (bsmedberg seems to have a
better grip on processes, imo.)

~fantasai