Gervase Markham wrote:

Why make that work for ourselves then, rather than starting on the right foot now?

Because we don't know what the right foot now is, and we can stumble far without having to decide. Worse Is Better.

There's a ton of risk in reading CMS hype, hearing some fans raving, and jumping on the bandwagon -- only to find we bought a lemon after paying up front, or running into a brick wall too soon.

Whatever we use has to be hackable. Oops, myk has anticipated my invocation of Richard Gabriel, and also come down on the side of hackability. I'll defer to his post following up your new thread root: news://news.mozilla.org:119/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

/be