Whatever we use has to be hackable.

The benefit of even a trivial CMS is that we can hack at the content level, not at the infrastructure level.

My thought is that a CMS should be used in a no-brainer way,
not in a fancy way.  You don't need to be a DB guru to use
MySQL, and the same is true of a simple CMS. Just install
it and run it; don't get sucked into complicated uses.

The benefit you get with an RDBMS is that you can stop
thinking about code and start modelling data. The same is true
of a CMS, you can stop thinking about implementation, and
start thinking about content.

If you want a "fast and wrong" start, then let's be
fast and wrong in the right ballpark: content. That requires
no code or infrastructure, just a static and trivial website
with a weekly review of logs to see what readers are
attracted to. Styling unnecessary; navigation minimal.

- Nigel.