fantasai wrote:

Then I suggest we go with TT + CVS + Doctor to start with.
I'd like to give Doctor the ability to save/apply diffs, though.

What I mean by saving diffs is:

  1. Instead of CVS-committing, anyone can create a plaintext
     diff file that gets automatically saved to a storage directory.
     e.g.
       /DIFFS/[auto-gen].diff

  2. Once the changes have been reviewed, someone with CVS access
     can tell Doctor to commit those changes.

This makes it easier to
  a) let people without CVS access contribute.
  b) have a more automated review system.

Given that and file upload, I think Doctor would do well enough.
We can import the content into a full CMS later, if we want.

This sounds great to me. Pragmatic but better than the current m.o system, and with room to grow.

I think it's important the devmo rebuild more quickly than m.o, and on its own schedule (demand driven, if possible). Any thoughts on how to do that? The main site rebuild process is too slow. We don't need a recursive makefile approach. A find -newer might be quick enough, if it can print files modified since a timestamp file to stdout, thence to xargs regen.pl or whatever.

Do you want to start mocking something up? That would be a big help.

/be