fantasai wrote:

Brendan Eich wrote:

I think it's important the devmo rebuild more quickly than m.o, and on
its own schedule (demand driven, if possible).  Any thoughts on how to
do that?  The main site rebuild process is too slow.  We don't need a
recursive makefile approach.  A find -newer might be quick enough, if it
can print files modified since a timestamp file to stdout, thence to
xargs regen.pl or whatever.

Either that or, if possible, having regeneration triggered by checkin.

Yes, exactly -- sorry, meant to say "commitinfo could trigger regen, or start a short timer to do a regen if one isn't pending already".

Do you want to start mocking something up? That would be a big help.

I can give a full spec for changes to Doctor, but I can't really help
with the generation scripts; my knowledge of UNIX tools is much too
sparse for that.

Spec away, I'll round up volunteers to help -- myk may be up for it too.

/be