Gervase Markham wrote:

> > >Please _don't_ do this until we've finished it! :-) It will only create a
> > >"negative user experience".
> >
> > Mozilla will never be finished. Says so on Mozilla.org. And, frankly,
> > I'd bet money that the 1.0 release will still be intended to be used
> > by developers.
>
> Possibly. After all, what we are making here is code for OEMs to make
> stuff out of. Netscape 6 is a first effort; but Nokia, Intel, Eazel and
> others are all working with it. If you want a good distro of Mozilla, try
> http://www.beonex.com.
>
> > >This is a security feature, and very important. It should be a single
> > >level of randomly-named subdirectory; if it's not, that's a bug.
> >
> > Sure wish I could turn it off, though.
>
> If it was turn-offable, this would defeat the object.
>
> > As I said, I would like to be
> > able to synch my office and home computers daily, which means if I
> > make any changes to my bookmarks file I'd like them to be uniform. Not
>
> There's no problem here. Just copy the bookmarks file across.

> > >Do you for one minute think that this needs repeating? Shouting "but you
> > >_must_ finish it quicker! It's vital!" isn't going to get it finished
> > >quicker.
> >
> > I didn't say that. What I said was that the support of end users will
> > be required. With only the small minority of active developers
> > involved, it's going to fall off the radar screen entirely, and
> > nothing will work right in Mozilla when it finally emerges. Heck, much
> > of the Web already doesn't. Yes, I know it's because of lack of
> > standards compliance. But you need people out there *using* Mozilla,
> > even at the 0.8 stage, to care.
>
> Mozilla does not have the clout to get enough people using it. We need
> people out there using releases of Netscape 6 to care.
>
> Gerv

Well I care.  I've tried Netscape6 and because its type and creator code
is identical (a Mac thing) in and Mozilla, Netscape6 can corrupt
Communicator. NOTICE THIS IS MY "EXPERIENCE" using Netscape6.

I don't have this problem using Moz. Moz at this  is about four or 5
ilerations above N6.0.1 and at the rate their going in order to get it
up to ease of use of Communicator 4.7.6 they'll need to go to 6.9.

Phillip M. Jones, CET     |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street        |Who's Who. PHONE:540-632-5045, FAX:540-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809|[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!