On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, JTK wrote:

> I've contributed what even *Gerv* believes to be a reasonable
> performance criteria for 1.0 release

Er, well, for the record, Gerv was not quite as enthusiastic as I was. :-)

> If AOL's screaming for a 1.0 release [...]

As far as I can tell (as an AOL employee), AOL couldn't care less when
Mozilla 1.0 is released. AOL has its own products, its own product version
numbers, and the quality of their product is not affected by Mozilla's
version number. (It is, however, affected by Mozilla's quality. And hence
AOL want Mozilla to be of better quality, as proved by their significant
development and financial contributions to the project.)

Similarly for the other commercial contributors or embedders of Mozilla
(such as ActiveState, IBM, and OEOne).

--
Ian Hickson                                     )\     _. - ._.)       fL
Netscape, Standards Compliance QA              /. `- '  (  `--'