Peter Gutmann writes:

> I assume you're running on a Windoze box, in which case they'll be in
> \Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\.

How did Firefox locate the Flash plug-in installed by Opera, then?  I
don't see a plugin.scan line for that.

> ObRant: Why can't about:plugins be used to disable these things?  It's
> currently far too difficult to get rid of these things, Mozilla by default
> tries to enable all manner of dangerous and often unwanted plugins, it
> shouldn't be necessary to hand-hack config files to fix this behaviour.

No plug-in that allows the content author to create code executable on
the client machine should ever be enabled by default.  Unfortunately,
that includes quite a few plug-ins nowadays.

--
Anthony