Heikki Toivonen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>So to summarize it again: people can be concerned about security, but
>may not take any action to protect themselves.

This happens in the real world as well.  Some anti-crime program I saw on TV a
few days ago used a bunch of students rooming together to illustrate security
problems, and went through the process of fitting the place with an alarm,
deadbolts on exterior doors, interior door locks, etc etc.  Three weeks later,
they came back to check the place and found the alarm switched off and half
the doors/windows unlocked and/or open.  The residents were definitely
concerned about security (both before and afterwards), but even when the
mechanisms to enforce it had been fitted for them, they didn't employ them.

Peter.