Hello Roel,

> 30 options in 1 screen are less complicated than 30 options scattered
> over 5 screens.
This can probably be disputed for very long!

> - 1 screen (oversight & clarity)
> - in top, a (greyed out or so) continuous display of current command
> line.  I never understood why enabling this is an option.
> - only a limited set of "core" options. stereo mode, bitrate, encoder
> mode, delete after, and the most common flags.  Just so you have a nice oversight of
> options.
> - a box to add non-common command line options.
> - a flag to make lame only use that box, instead of adding the content
> to current selected options.
The problem starts with the "most common flags". Who will define
those? You've left out VBR, for a start. Similar, I know at least one
person who was very happy about that the "Audio Processing" tab where
you can set sampling frequency and filter options.

Personally, I started RL because of the many options Lame has to
offer, it's fun to play with them, and I wanted an easy interface. I
admit that the options dialog is far from being perfect, but I think
it's a good start.

> then, why no multithread? it'd be nice to update the to-be-encoded
> list in one window while the encoding-box is somewhere else...
Actually, this is on my wish list. However, unlike LAME, I'm currently
the only programmer in RazorLame (I hope this changes soon!), and the
wishlist grows and grows. Additional, I do this in my spare time, so
please be patient.

Regards,
  Holger Dors                           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]