I plotted the poly gcd graph out to a higher bit size and now Magma is
clearly winning.

The left most column is just integer GCD. Could it be that Magma
improves on Moller's gcd patches (I think I recall reading somewhere
that he originally wrote them for Magma), or did we do something wrong
when merging them?

http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/wbhart/flint-trunk/graphing/gcd8.png

Bill.

2008/11/1 Bill Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Sorry, I simply mean you commit to the repo. I agree Mollers algorithm
> is clever and it should be pointed out that his paper on the topic is
> new work. He didn't just implement the half-BCD algorithm.
>
> Bill.
>
> On 01/11/2008, Jason Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Okay, I'll take a look at that when SVN is up again.
>>
>> Also, don't call them "Jason's Patches".  That makes it sound like I
>> was clever... I wasn't.  It's Moller's code, and his algorithm is very
>> very clever.
>>
>> --jason
>>
>> Jason Worth Martin
>> Asst. Professor of Mathematics
>> http://www.math.jmu.edu/~martin
>>

>> On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Bill Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Jason, first bug report. When I build mpir with your patches (I have
>>> got the mpir repo working locally for me only - hopefully Michael will
>>> help me with the apache export so everyone else can get access again),
>>> I get warning messages in the compile on sage.math.
>>>
>>> gcd.c: In function 'mpz_rgcd':
>>> gcd.c:167: warning: implicit declaration of function 'mpn_rgcd'
>>> gcd.c: In function 'mpz_bgcd':
>>> gcd.c:171: warning: implicit declaration of function 'mpn_bgcd'
>>> gcd.c: In function 'mpz_sgcd':
>>> gcd.c:175: warning: implicit declaration of function 'mpn_sgcd'
>>> gcd.c: In function 'mpz_ngcd':