Alternatively, we could stop trying to identify chips by marketing
brands and just use the values returned by CPUID.  This would create a
lot of duplicated code in sub-directories, but disk space is cheap.
So, would something like:

mpn/x86_64/<vendor>/<extended family number/model>

work for our configuration?

Jason Worth Martin
Asst. Professor of Mathematics
http://www.math.jmu.edu/~martin