We are essentially just doing:

./configure
make
make check

And we are also running the following on a random selection of machines:

make clean
./configure --enable-cxx
make
make check

For x86/x86_64 machines you can also then do:

make clean
./configure --enable-fat
make
make check

We should also check:

1) Building outside the source directory works on a random selection
of machines:

cd ..
mkdir mpir-new
cd mpir-new
../mpir-1.0/configure
make
make check

2) Check make install works (need root access)

3) Check --enable-gmplink works (beware, will overwrite your libgmp's and gmp.h

Bill.