On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 7:31 AM, David Harvey <dmhar...@cims.nyu.edu> wrote:

> On Oct 19, 4:47 am, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I've just put up MPIR 1.3 release candidate 1. We are still waiting on some
>> final testing from Jeff Gilchrist, which will probably happen tomorrow. If
>> everything is fine, the release candidate will become the final release.
>
> Wait a sec.... you are actually releasing my dc_divappr_q_n code, as
> is, in a production release??!!
>
> Despite our earlier conversation?
>
> It's marked "trial implementation" and "proof-of-concept", and even
> contains comments like
>
> /* FIXME: hmmmm my test suite doesn't seem to generate this case,
>       is it actually possible at all? */

For fun, I tried to find your code by searching for FIXME and got:

wst...@sage:~/tmp/mpir-1.3.0$ grep -r FIXME *|wc -l
365

So there is something to fix every day next year...

It's perhaps confusing (to me, at least) at mpir.org that the tarball
for rc1 is named "mpir-1.3.0.tar.gz" instead of
"mpir-1.3.0-rc1.tar.gz".

 -- William

wst...@sage:~/build/sage-4.2.alpha0$ ./sage -grep todo |wc -l
698