I later tried to double click on mpir.h in the Solution Explorer and got a dialog box that said "The document cannot be opened. It has been renamed, deleted or moved".

Regards
Chris Saunders

From: "Chris Saunders" <e...@mountaincable.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2010 12:38 AM
To: "mpir-devel" <mpir-devel@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [mpir-devel] Re: Building MPIR for Windows x64 with Visual Studio 2010 Express

For a Visual C++ project open Properties->Configuration Properties-
General and change Platform Toolset from the default v100 to
Windows7.1 SDK.

I tried this setting and then tried to build again. The build failed again. The errors that I got were all similar so I'm just going to show one:

6>..\..\randmt.c(28): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'mpir.h': No such file or directory
6>  randmts.c

I did search for the file(using windows search with Explorer targeted to the MPIR project directory) and I could not find mpir.h. I re-extracted mpir-2.1.1-rc1.tar.gz into another directory and could not find mpir.h in that directory either.

Regards
Chris Saunders