On Thursday 18 November 2010 22:05:30 Bill Hart wrote:
> I used google to find a list. By that I mean I googled:
>
> family 6, model x
>
> for various x to see if they existed.

Good idea , but it's not surprising how many advertisers get it wrong,,, , but
as long as we have an concrete(silicon) example.

> Some guy has some links to some sources of info here:
>
> http://wbhart.blogspot.com/2010/09/bsdnt-configure-and-assembly.html
>
> :-)

Let's hope he knows what he's talking about :)

> The chip below is a server. It's a new AMD Magny Cours chip (12 core).
> The other one I listed is a i5 (nehalem) laptop.

this is and i5 or i3 which can be a nehalem or westmere , but as it's a mobile
chip it should be a westmere (ie with AES and carry-less multiplication , and
pehaps? different timings/latency's) , makes no difference at the moment but we
may want to in the future?