On Tuesday, 22 May 2012, Jeroen Demeyer <jdeme...@cage.ugent.be> wrote:
> On 2012-05-22 15:37, Bill Hart wrote:
>> We could then
>> ditch building Yasm on Linux, which would save some headaches for
>> Sage.
> I don't really think that yasm is a problem for Sage.  It's true that
> sometimes a Sage build might build because of a problem with yasm, but
> it's more because MPIR/YASM is the first non-trivial program built in
> Sage, it would have failed somewhere else anyway.

Appreciated Jeroen. The current discussion is about whether Brian can use
the default assembler with MSVC. Unfortunately that has pretty massive
consequences for which assembler is used. That is independent of your
original question.

Does nasm accept MASM files. We could perhaps switch to including that if
Brian switches to MASM.

Bill.