On Thu, 24 May 2012 09:55:08 +0900
Pavel Holoborodko <pa...@holoborodko.com> wrote:

> Just my two cents. The latest official version of MPIR 2.5.1 doesn't
> compile using mingw64 (as well as version from SVN).
> MPIR 2.5.0 compiles fine. Is mingw64 support already dropped?

Hi Pavel,

I can only say that I have never supported a mingw64 build. I
believe that Jason might have got it working at some point in the
past but to keep it working requires a volunteer to actively maintain
it (as far as I can see Jason isn't doing this).

To maintain the MSVC build I have to monitor the GCC/GAS build and
convert any new or changed assembler files to use the Windows ABI
and the MSVC buid conventions. This is a significant ongoing task.

Now for the first time we have a GCC/GAS build that depends on
the MSVC build.  And, for this to work, a maintainer has to monitor
the MSVC build and convert any new or changed assembler code files
to use the mingw64 build conventions. This is an ongoing task that
nobody is doing.

In short we need someone who uses the mingw64 build to volunteer to
_actively_ maintain it.  And unless someone volunteers, it is unlikely
that the mingw64 build will continue to work.