----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Hart" <goodwillh...@googlemail.com>
To: <mpir-devel@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:59 PM
Subject: Re: [mpir-devel] Re: MPIR 2.6 release progress

I was building against trunk in svn. *But* I have just realised you
were using MinGW64. I was using Linux 64 bit.

I will try MinGW64 later and probably hit the same problem.

Why would it work for Linux64 bit, but not MinGW64 ?

Either way, this is a MinGW64, or possibly a Windows problem, not a
*nix problem as such. So I would appreciate any help/guidance on what
actually needs to be done.

Are these _Decimal64 functions documented in the GMP manual? If so,
then we'd need to replicate them in MPIR to remain compatible. If not,
then MPFR shouldn't rely on them for an MPIR build.

I don't think gmp knows anything at all about the _Decimal64 type. It's only mpfr that has any interaction at all with the _Decimal64. It looks like the mpfr-3.1.1 source utilises some of gmp's bit field packing structures (union ieee_double_extract) in order to handle the conversion between mpfr_t and _Decimal64.

Cheers,
Rob