Bonus question: what are the differences betwen the x86 and x86w dirs (and
subdirs) (and x86_64 and x86_64w dirs (and subdirs))?

On plain x86, is it only the asm syntax?
So that YASM gets used everywhere for the x86w dir, whereas GNU as gets
also used for the x86 dir?
(And for x86_64w I guess the very nice idea of having different ABI on
Linux and Windows also comes into play...)

I could have a look myself, but I'm sure some of you can give a very nice
explanation!

Thanks in advance,
Best,

JP

Additional bonus question: among the mingw flavours, which are supported
(or known to work)? I mean among legacy mingw(32), i686-w64-mingw and
x86_64-w64-mingw?
>From very quick testing, I'd say the latter (kind of) work, the middle one
does not, and I did not test the first one (Ubuntu does not want to install
both falvours at the same time! it seems that Debian is nicer though).