Hi all,

I have put tarballs up on our website (http://mpir.org) for
MPIR-2.7.0-alpha1.

As this release contains rather a lot of new code and speedups, we'd like
to have it tested as widely as possible.

We welcome build/test reports (positive and negative) either here or on our
mpir-devel Google Group.

Linux/unix:

wget http://mpir.org/mpir-2.7.0-alpha1.tar.bz2
tar -xvf mpir-2.7.0-alpha1.tar.bz2
cd mpir-2.7.0
./configure --enable-gmp-compat --enable-cxx
make
make check

Cygwin/MinGW/Cygwin64/MinGW64:

wget http://mpir.org/mpir-2.7.0-alpha1.tar.bz2
tar -xvf mpir-2.7.0-alpha1.tar.bz2
cd mpir-2.7.0
./configure --enable-gmp-compat --enable-cxx --disable-static
make
make check

MSVC:

Please see Section 2.4 of the pdf documentation on our website.

Tuning values:

If anyone has a recent Haswell or Piledriver cpu (config.guess will tell
you), we'd lpve to have up-to-date tuning values. Please let us know. (cd
tune; make tune).

(Note: some release paperwork remains to be done, but the library is ready
to be tested.)

Best Wishes,

The MPIR Team.