On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, loki anderson wrote:

> Ahhh, I just KNEW if I waited long enough, Brandon and
> I would agree on something again! Vo's is fantastic. I
> used to live about a block away from it and the
> waitstaff used to be able to tell me what I was going
> to order as soon as I walked in the door (beef fried
> rice and chicken wings). It's located on the corner of
> Broadway and Adams NE.

I drive by that place every week and every time I say "I gotta check that
place out". One of these days, I am gonna do it.

> I also want to recommend The Modern Cafe and their
> unbelievably wonderful pot roast. Five stars easily.
> It's on 13th Ave and University Ave NE.

I second that recommendation, but hold off visiting for a few days. I was
there last week only to discover they are closed for remodeling. They said
they would reopen on the 16th or some similar date.

Two of my favorite places are Golooney's East Coast Pizza Cafe on Hennepin
and 24th(?) and Slice of New York on Nicollet near 24th. I love the
sandwiches at Golooneys and the aroma at Slice of New York is
mouthwatering.

Scott McGerik
Hawthorne/Ward 3/Minneapolis
http://www.mcgerik.com/scott/lis/