igevorse wrote
> Another situation with chorus and reverb: as I understand, developers want
> to hide chorus and reverb controls from mixer windows as redundant. So, to
> implement automation tracks for these parameters we should re-implement
> the
> base (controls has no effect on internal sequencer now).
> So, automation tracks should be linked with existing parameters and
> controls.

Just a word about chorus and reverb controls. IME these controllers are
usually set at the beginning of a score and not altered in realtime. To me
it would make sense to have these controllers as part of instrument setup.

Once we have MuseScore 2 out I shall be doing more work on my proposal to
incorporate the mixer in the Create instrument dialogue, but on a temporary
basis I am looking at greying out Reverb and Chorus controls by default and
enabling them if JACK is selected as the output. I know how to do this - I
just need to work out where the relevant bits of code need to go :)

-----
Regards
Michael