Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 3 January 2012 23:42, Lars <nore...@z505.com> wrote:
>> i find it is X11 that
>> is actually slowing things down. But since I have no evidence or proof
>> it
>> is the X11 bandwidth or wrappers or code indirection
>

> X11 has a lot of latency issues - mostly due to its client/server
> (network) based design. That is why it is not nearly as responsive as
> Windows, Mac OS X or even Haiku. Thinking about it, even my 1996 OS/2
> setup is faster than current Linux in GUI/mouse response. Hopefully
> the Wayland project
> [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayland_(display_server)] can penetrate
> the Linux GUI market, and resolve the X11 issues.

I wonder how Windows XP does remote GUI without an x11 architecture. In
windows XP they have something called "Remote Assistance" which is
something like VNC I think (faster? I don't know). So without an x11
architecture I wonder how they make windows remote capable. Possibly
something similar to vnc so maybe not as efficient as x11, I do not know,
I haven't tried remote assistance.