Hallo nore...@z505.com,

Du schriebst am Tue, 3 Jan 2012 14:50:19 -0600:

> find it less snappy than win32. So the only common thing between bsd and
> linux, is X11 window system - so x11 may be slowing things down vs win32.

Win32 is much more interwoven into the basic system than X11 is even now,
after all the fuzz with "accelerated" drivers and kernel mode setting.
The downside of that is that a Windows graphics driver problem usually
brings down the whole system, while most of the time you can just kill X
and try again if the X system locks up - you just might have to do this
over a network connection (ssh).

> Same here, except I am eying my sisters mac. I like that it is bsd based.
> I don't like that macos has moved to Objective C it seems and ditched
> pascal.

Didn't they do away with Pascal already when the first "Mac" came out?
I think to remember that the last Pascal based Apple computer was the
"Lisa", which never became really commercial?