>>> Nope! In MegaSCSI you can define the size of each
partition (when formatting
>>> the device) with any amount of sectors. When you change
the disk you don't
>>> need to do nothing if the new disk has the same
partitionning layout as the
>>> previous; else, you must only to run the partition
changer.

>>What if you have one Zip-disk with 3 partitions and other
with 4
>>partitions ? Everything is still working Ok ?
>
>Yes, the partition changer works no matter of the
partitionning state of the
>disks. Howewer this program is not perfect yet, and
sometimes goes wrong
>(and even hangs the computer) when you use non-ASPI disk.

So you have to use the aspi formatter! this is not the first
formatter programm I have used in the beginning I had
megascsi!

>>> This is not necessary if you boot from the SRAMdisk
(that is, if you assign
>>> it to drive A:). This is very useful, because you have
the same booting
>>> state regardless of the inserted disk.
>>
>>Is it allways A-drive ? With Novaxis I have notised, that
boot HD can be
>>A-drive or C-drive depending of your slot configuration. I
think, that
>>C-drive is better because then I can boot from disk, and
HD-boot is
>>enabled only if disk was not present. (Just like in stupid
PC)
>>Anyway if I want to use this feature for example in MSX tR
I need to add
>>another disk controller before SCSI controller. (This is
all tested
>>information)
>
>Boot drive is always A:, but you can assign this drive to
ESE-RAMdisk or to
>any device, or even leave it unconnected (but this is a
little stupid!) 8-).
>Booting from diskette is never allowed in MegaSCSI, except
if you boot
>pressing the appropriate key for disabling it.

If you use an extra scsi-interface, placed in a lower slot
than megascsi, then the other interface will give you  drive
A: and MegaSCSI will start where the other one has stopped!

>>> That's right. Maybe patching any hook on the disk work
area this can be
>>> solved, because for check the disk change it is enough
to read the serial
>>> number on the boot sector, and this is independent of
the controller.

>>It is not that easy... You have to update also all
partition info from
>>RAM and then starts battle against DOS. If someone has any
glue about DOS2
>>internal variabbles, then please... DOS2 seems to keep
same information
>>usually in many places.
>
>ESE guys have this information and much more, else it is
not possible to
>implement all the features of MegaSCSI (it has even a
internal call for
>creating a new drive letter and assign it to a device!!)

pitty the donīt use it! some times I use more than one
interface, than I have not enough drive letters

greetings
        Maico Arts
        MSX-NBNO