> No I don't agree. At last fair in Tilburg we made the effort to sell
> Fighter's Ragnarok from Delta-Z (Japan). We spent a lot of time and money
> in it. It is the best fighting-game on MSX, it has a very good manual and
> we sold just enough to buy the gas to drive home again.

Collin, please. You should have known that before the fair.

What's new here? I have sold several products the last couple of
fairs, and I am very happy if I even manage to earn back the costs!
The days when you could make a fair profit on MSX softwares is long,
long ago. I think Metal Gear 2 English translation was the last big
hit. Back in 1993 Impact sold over 1000 copies of their Musix Disk 3 -
 those numbers are impossible now.

At the last Zandvoort fair, I sold about 12 copies of PURE, not
enough to pay for the booth!. It even had a enthusiastic review in a
big magazine, some net advertising, so people must have known about
it. If I count the two years of work I spent on it, and all costs I
had, I think I made a big loss.

(btw. the price was f 10,- for 3 disks in a neat box)

My point is, if you do it only for selling lots of copies and make
profits, go and develop PC software!

Tristan

+     Omega     + join #msx on undernet +        [EMAIL PROTECTED]        +
|               |  FUNET MSX maintainer |   ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/msx   |
+ irc: OmegaMSX +    Techno composer    + http://users.bart.nl/~omegamsx +