]       It sounds to me that what's happening here is the same that happened
] a long time ago: companies not willing to write MSX2 software because it
] doesn't work on MSX1 (so it doesn't sell well).
]       I think MSX would have been more popular if the basic qualities were
I don't think so. The one and only reason that the PC won the home computer
war was that most money was put into the PC. This is a very simple economic
principle. Ofcourse, you can go start discussing about the mistakes made by
the MSX manufacturers to explain why MSX died (from a commercial viewpoint),
and you can discuss about the mistakes made by commodore, atari, acorn and
all the other home computer manufacturers from the past to explain why they
all faded away. But you must not forget that the same, and even bigger,
mistakes have been made by PC manufacturors. It only did not hurt the market
that bad because there was more, much and much more money to keep the market
going. Simply because PC's where used by companies to replace people (at
least in the beginning). And from the costs to employ one single individual
you can buy a lot of computers...

Kind regards,
Alex Wulms

--
Alex Wulms/XelaSoft - MSX of anders NIX - Linux 4 ever
See my homepage for info on the  *** XSA *** format