Ricardo Jurczyk Pinheiro wrote:

> >[Ripping GFX from PSX version]
> >
> >Another option is to rip GFX directly from CD, by writing the appropriate
> >converter. If the file format is not too difficult, this will work very well.
>
>         But there's 2 problems:
>         - We need to read the CD - which filesystem does it have?

Normal ISO filesystem, data is written in mode 2 (XA mode).
Most PCs can read it without problem, just try it...

>         - Which gfx format are being used?

I don't have the PSX Snatcher. Some games use TIM format, that's very easy
to convert. FF7 uses a compressed (LZ-like) algorithm, which is difficult.
Can anyone who does have PSX Snatcher tell me about the GFX files? Maybe
send me one, if it's not too large (mail me before you send files!).

>         No please, I don't have a GFX9000!
>         Please, do it 4 MSX 2+ or T-R (V9958)... Why now 2 versions of the same game?

But then other people will complain that they don't have V9958...
I think SCREEN 7 (maybe using updated GFX) is a must.
GFX9000 version as well would be cool if ripping from PSX version proves
to be easy.

> >GFX9000 can display 15bit pictures, which is the highest color depth that
> >the PSX supports.
>
>         Yep, I know... But there isn't anything that a really good graphic
> converter can't do, like Image Alchemy.

Converting is not the problem. It's displaying: 15bit GFX will look bad on
V9938 and not that good on V9958 either.

Bye,
                Maarten