] In SDC, first I selected the memory blocks and after I read the entire
] track. Of course 2 tracks have 18kb, and 2 blocks of Megaram (or 1 block
] of Mapper) have 16kb, but this can be solved with some LDIRs.
In fastcopy, I read 32 sectors and then switch memory. In most cases,
switching memory is just a single mapper change. Fast enough to start the
next sector read command before the sector marker has passed the drivehead.

So, no LDIR's needed and reading will be done at the maximum transferrate
which you can theoretically achieve with a floppydisk controller.

Besides using the mainmemory, I also use the videoram. The program assumes
that you have a MSX 2 and checks the amount of videoram. It can even use the
64kB external videoram which is used for example in the NMS8280.

Kind regards,
Alex Wulms

--
Alex Wulms/XelaSoft - MSX of anders NIX - Linux 4 ever
See my homepage for info on the  *** XSA *** format