On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Alex Wulms wrote:

> ] Why did he used memman? Isn't direct control of the Memory Mapper faster?
> I used memman to make fastcopy compatible with any other memory hungry
> program that used memman. At the time that I wrote fasctopy 3.0, memman was
> still a very promising initiative.

It was indeed. The main problem I found is that it cannot properly switch
the memory in page 0 (it can if the standard slot switching routines are
present, but you cannot put them there since you cannot access the memory
(it might not be mapped)), and it can not at all switch the memory in page
3.

Bye,
shevek

---