Frits Hilderink wrote:

> The solution was changing the sequence in which the vdp registers where
written:
> are you writing register 18 before or after the command that you are
executing.

Yes. Well, I change r#18 on the interrupt and I execute my COPY right after
the V_BLANK interrupt. So at the moment there is no problem. But this
screensplit is 52 lines high, so I can't execute COPY-commands at the 160th
and the 212th line, which decreases a lot of my time left for other COPYs. I
might be able to time it very carefully so I can insert some small COPYs
between those lines, but I hoped there was another solution for my problem
so that I wouldn't have to time that careful.

But, unfortunately, I guess I'm doomed now...

However, I made up a slight solution in the meantime, I don't know if it
works yet, but if it does it will make an end to the errors: Before I change
register 18 I will check if the Command Execute status-bit is set. If so, I
will send a STOP command to the VDP, and after that I will change register
18. After I've set VDP 18 I will resend the command the VDP was executing
(which I stored). If my information (that is the tables in Stefan Boer's VDP
cursus) is correct, this should work.

But I will have to test that to know if it really works... Does anyone know
if sending the STOP-command can result in an erroneous (???correct
English???) byte displayed?