> Hello MSX world,
>
>  Two weeks ago Padial got the impossible, a Z380 based system board
started
> to work in a MSX slot, finally he solved all the hardware problems and the
> Z380 board is totally finished except in the software part.

Well that's great.

>  Now Padial wants to make a cheap 3D board for MSX, this is a good way to
> test Phoenix platform, he wants collaboration from other hardware
developers
> to stablish a common work for new developments.

Hmmm... 3D board?? Do you think anyone can and will program for that??? I
think ppl who can program 3D chips have switched to PC ages ago...

Anyways, I have some questions:
1. Will the memory on the Z380 board also be available for the Z80 (up to
4MB?)
2. Will it work from a subslot?
3. Can the Z380 adress the 'old' memory? (memory not in its DIMM sockets?)
4. Will the software be able to switch between Z380 and Z80 in a
turboR-alike way?
By the way, in a new BIOS, programs calling the CPU switchroutines to switch
to R800 should get a false return (or a system halted-alike message).
But maybe you can combine the Z380 CPU switch in the same routine...
5. Will the hardware-schemes be published so that every hardware developer
can make Z380 boards or even build them into a computer? (would be easier;
extra free slot)
6. Will the Z380 get its own cartridgeslot???
(I still have to see the cartridge made especially for the Z380)
7. Will the old Z80 software be able to run on Z380? Or do you need
Z380-specific software (which enables the Z380 first?)

>  PHOENIX:
>
> It is great the www.egroups.com page, could anybody be the administrator
of
> the Phoenix mailing list??, the user who inform me about this site could
be
> the administrator, so if you can start the new egroup, do it please and
> inform us as soon as you did it.

Ah, Phoenix. I hope all specs and schemes or Phoenix will be subitted to the
Phoenix homepage???
Really hope so, for compatibility's sake...

By the way, how did you solve the joystickport timing-problem???
Joystick and JoyNet would be glad to use the full speed of the Z380.
However, the Z380 is too fast for the mouse when a program is not using
BIOS-routines... A lot of programs won't use the BIOS for mouse-readout
though... So the mouse will then just not work??? Or could there be some
(software-)switch (change a bit somewhere in the MSX-Engine) to slow down
the joystickport I/O access?

          email me: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or ICQ: 10196372
             visit the Datax homepage at http://datax.cjb.net/
MSX fair Bussum / MSX Marathon homepage: http://msxfair.cjb.net/