Rafael Corrales Pulido wrote:

>  Hello MSX world,
>
>  Two weeks ago Padial got the impossible, a Z380 based system board started
> to work in a MSX slot, finally he solved all the hardware problems and the
> Z380 board is totally finished except in the software part.

great!,
but eh... I got the impression that our nice Z80 MSX is transformed in
some powersupply for the Z380 board. As far as I can derive from the
info, it is impossible that the Z380 communicates with the MSX videochip
because it is put in a cartridgeslot and cartridges can't do 'OUTs'.
Therefore it will not be possible to run 'old' programs on the Z380.
(Even programs getting their vdp portnumbers from the bios, won't work.
So probably a second VDP has to be plugged in into the Z380 board?!

More or less this Z380 board is gonna be a kind of coprocessor ?! (or of
course: the Z80 can be 'VDP coprocessor' for the Z380)

Greetz,
Jon - not very optimistic about the external Z380 board